Diving Physics and Chemistry
1. Big, colorful fish with lots of spines should be:
c. Used as lift bags
d. Observed from a distance
2. Jellyfish stings should be treated with:
b. Acetic Acid (Vinegar)
c. Hydrochloric Acid
3. Hazy, visible horizontal planes that separate fresh and salt water are known as __________ while typically not visible separations between water of different temperatures are known as __________.
4. While SCUBA Diving, man should always see himself as a:
c. Master of the Seas
5. Overhead environments have (easy/no) direct access to the surface.
6. When diving in a new location, why is it recommended that one have an orientation from a local Divemaster or Instructor?
7. While diving in tight spaces with lots of sediment, great care should be taken in finning because of the possibility of:
a. A silt-out
c. Attracting sharks
d. Scaring off grouper
8. To avoid cramping one should always swim __________ the current or surge if possible.
9. What’s the most efficient way to escape a rip current?
10. If coral falls in a reef while no one is around, does it make a sound?
11. A tide is the __________ rise and fall of water due to gravitational influences of the sun and moon.